Our Mission Statement
The mission of Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County, as a partnership of community resources, is to ensure the economic vitality of our community by building and maintaining a quality workforce development system that strengthens and provides economic, educational and developmental opportunities for all people including children and youth.
Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County is responsible for overseeing over $65 million in employment and training dollars to benefit businesses and citizens in Tarrant County. The Board became operational on July 1, 1998 upon approval by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). Officially, the Board is responsible for all workforce development programs that have been consolidated under Texas Legislation S.B. 642 as amended by H.B. 1863.
What We Do Best
The Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County Board strives for continuous improvement in the workforce system and actively fosters economic development efforts throughout the region. We are committed to a philosophy of innovation, strategic and functional integration that enables us to meet the needs of our customers now and in the future.
Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County consists of six area Workforce Centers, which includes the Alliance Opportunity Center and five ancillary contractors providing targeted services to adults and youth. Two of the sites have been recognized by national organizations as “model one-stop centers.”
Some of Our Services
Deciding who will take care of your child while you are working or in school can be hard. You want your child to be safe and happy when you can’t be there. Choosing a child care provider is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
Specialized programs, support services and job search resources offered at our six locations in Tarrant County. Plus, online job search activities for the general public through the State’s comprehensive job search site www.workintexas.com
Getting the perfect job means investing in skills. A Career Consultant can direct you to classes to upgrade your skills. Other training and career development opportunities are available under funded programs to those who qualify.
Are you a veteran looking for a job? If so, Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County has Career Consultants specifically trained to assist you with job search and career services. You may also be eligible to participate in training opportunities.
Goal #1: Enhance Governing and Workforce Boards’ leadership in meeting the mission of improving workforce quality to support economic development.
Goal #2: Advance a Workforce Intelligence System to achieve vertical and horizontal alignment with Tarrant County employer and targeted industry demand.
Goal #3: Exercise proper fiduciary stewardship, budget for new opportunities and ensure adequate board oversight of financial concerns.
Goal #4: Improve the quality of the existing, potential, and future workforce in Tarrant County through strategic partnerships.
Goal #5: Develop and offer responsive Business Services to help Tarrant County businesses, especially smaller businesses, meet their human resource needs and improve the quality of the workforce available to them.
Goal #6: Improve the quality of the future workforce to ensure that Tarrant County businesses have a longer-term, vibrant, and qualified talent pipeline.
Goal #7: Expand the talent pool available to Tarrant County employers by reaching, serving and preparing untapped talent markets.
Goal #8: Continue to improve the workforce services delivery system to increase the number of Tarrant County workforce system customers employed at higher wages.
- 2017: Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County is honored to be the recipient of the National Association of Workforce Boards (NAWB) WIOA Trailblazer Award and our nomination, Lockheed Martin was selected at the W.O. Lawton Business Leadership Award.
- 2016: Klein Tools, Inc of Mansfield was selected as the Texas Workforce Solutions Small Employer of the Year by The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
- 2016: Lockheed Martin of Fort Worth was selected as the Texas Workforce Solutions Large Employer of the Year by The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
- 2015: Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County was awarded with $30,000 at the 19th Annual TWC Conference for the Industry Sector Outreach Award, for our work with the Mansfield Manufacturing Project.
- 2015: Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County was awarded with $30,000 at the 19th Annual TWC Conference for the Service to Community Award, for our work with the FACT (Fathers and Children Together) Grant.
- 2015: Workforce Solutions was recognized for outstanding board performance, receiving a Performance Incentive Award for Choices Employment at the recent Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) Conference. TWC Performance Incentive Awards recognize boards that display increased accountability and improved performance efficiencies.
Want to Know More?
Contact one of our local Workforce Centers to find out more