Now Hiring Multiple Positions!
The Phlebotomist 1 provides a vital link in the procurement of a safe quality blood product. Essential functions of the Phlebotomist are to assist in smooth and efficient donor flow, to determine donor acceptability, to perform sterile venipuncture for the collection of blood, to provide excellent customer service and to ensure compliance with regulations and standard operating procedures throughout the process. Additionally, this position is responsible for transporting staff and equipment to blood collection locations. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college a plus
- 6 Months to 1 year of general work experience, preferably working with the public, or education that includes comparable experience such as an internship or externship
- Previous blood banking experience or medical field experience a plus
- Prefer background in a highly regulated industry
- Bilingual skills a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Computer knowledge
- Excellent customer service and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Detail oriented in regards to document review (completeness, accurate, and legibly written), able to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
Under direction of the Production Coordinator (Coordinator), the Component Production Technician 1 (Tech 1) is responsible for the fractionation of whole blood and the preparation and modification of components (including the proper operation of equipment and the labeling of blood components) for long-term storage or shipment. Functions must be completed in a manner consistent with all applicable standards, procedures, regulations and departmental goals and objectives, and must be in compliance with standards set forth by, but not limited to the following regulatory bodies: FDA, AABB, EU, CLIA, and OSHA.. This job requires the ability to perform in adherence to Carter BloodCare (CBC) core values of integrity, accountability, excellence, and teamwork. The Comp Tech 1 is considered essential staff and must possess time flexibility to respond to emergency, disaster, or weather situations with little or no notice and to attend routine departmental meetings. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours
- High School Graduate or GED
- Six months’ experience in repetitive work environment, preferred.
- Six month’s experience in blood banking, government, or other regulated environment preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to document details accurately and completely, both electronically and manually
- Fundamental aptitude for computer skills including use of email, ability to use blood bank software, and routine office applications
- Ability to work independently and efficiently when direct supervision is unavailable
- Ability to work with strict time expectations/restraints/deadlines
- Ability/aptitude to perform in compliance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and standards set forth by, but not limited to, the following regulatory bodies: FDA, AABB, EU, OSHA, and DOT.
- Ability to identify problems, make sound judgments and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to assimilate into a team and get along with others in a highly diverse work environment
- Ability to remain focused on repetitive tasks.
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Testing & Labeling (Supervisor) and/or the Production Coordinator (Coordinator), and in compliance with regulatory requirements, the Testing & Labeling Technician (Technician) is responsible, upon receipt of donor testing results from the testing lab, for prompt record review and label and release of product for distribution or disposal of unsuitable products, and for reporting test results to third party clients. Functions must be completed in a manner consistent with all applicable standards, procedures, regulations, and departmental goals and objectives, and must be in compliance with standards set forth by, but not limited to, the following regulatory bodies: FDA, AABB, EU, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies, as applicable. This job requires the ability to perform in adherence to Carter BloodCare (CBC) core values of integrity, accountability, excellence, and teamwork. The Technician is considered essential staff and must possess time flexibility to respond to emergency, disaster, weather situations, and testing delays with little or no notice and to attend routine departmental meetings. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- High School Graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Six months of blood banking or work in a regulated environment preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to document details accurately and completely, both electronically and manually.
- Fundamental aptitude for computer skills including use of email, ability to use blood bank software, and routine office applications.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently when direct supervision is unavailable.
- Ability/aptitude to perform in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and standards set forth by, but not limited to, the following regulatory agencies: FDA, AABB, EU, and OSHA.
- Understanding of the application of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) to labeling blood components, component storage, quarantine, discard, and distribution.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to remain focused on repetitive tasks.
Cellular Therapy Technician I
Under the direction of the Stem Cell Department Head and the Medical Director of Clinical Services (Director), the Cellular Therapy Technologist 1 (CTT 1) will participate in activities in the Stem Cell Processing Department (Department). These activities include, but may not be limited to, cellular therapy (CT) processing, performing and troubleshooting quality control of reagents and equipment, participating in educational instruction of students and new employees, familiarity and full compliance with all CT and general laboratory regulations, and participating in design and implementation of new methodology for processing CT products. By accomplishing these duties, the CTT 1 helps to ensure that daily operations in the Department meet and follow all established guidelines and provide excellence in service and patient care.
- MT (ASCP)/equivalent or eligible with certification attained within 90 days of hire
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or a related field in laboratory science
- One year of experience as a medical technologist (preferred)
Skills and Knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic blood banking knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very strong customer service practices
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel strongly desired)
- Ability to work independently and make sound reasonable decisions based on level of experience and training
- Excellent math skills
- Pleasant, courteous, flexible professional personality and appearance
- Effectively communicate and work as a team player
- Ability to effectively and politely communicate with peers and all levels of management, physicians, and healthcare personnel
The Medical Technologist (MT 1) will report to the Manager or designee of Reference & Transfusion (R&T) Services in Bedford, Texas. The incumbent will participate in all activities in the R&T Services to include but not limited to:
- Support Carter BloodCare’s (CBC) vision, mission and core values.
- Maintain compliance with the Carter BloodCare’s (CBC) attendance policies and department schedules as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook.
- Perform testing and services associated with assigned departmental duties. These duties are in the scope of complexity according to accrediting agencies.
- Participation in competency, proficiency, and educational opportunities.
By accomplishing these duties, the MT 1 ensures that daily operations in the R&T laboratories meet and follow all established guidelines, provide excellence in service and meet the needs of all R&T customers. Regular full time attendance is required during office hours.
RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY
Deemed reliable and trustworthy through interview and hiring practices of Carter BloodCare (CBC) to include but not limited to reference checks and background investigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology/Chemistry/Laboratory Sciences or related field required.
- MT (ASCP), BB (ASCP), MT (AMT) or equivalent required.
- Recent graduate from an accredited Clinical Laboratory Sciences (CLS) program within the last five years and currently board eligible.
NOTE: Must successfully obtain, maintain board certification (i.e. CLS (ASCP) or equivalent) and provided board certification documentation to the CBC Human Resources department within 6 months of hire date.
- Recent transfusion/reference lab rotation experience through an accredited CLS program preferred.
- Previous clinical laboratory experience preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong working knowledge of blood bank policies and procedures is required.
- Detailed problem-solving skills, ability to provide instruction to customers based on the problems presented and provide options for corrective action and proper documentation of the problem and resolution.
- The ability to concentrate, understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions. The ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- The ability to understand, remember, communicate and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. The ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Extensive mathematical ability is required including familiarity with laboratory mathematics and computer skills (i.e. LIS, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, & PowerPoint). The ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to organize and prioritize workload, attention to detail and consistent follow-through with a commitment to excellence.
- The ability to multitask effectively, to establish appropriate priorities, to recognize and do what needs to be done without direction to ensure that work is completed efficiently and support teamwork and cooperation with co-workers and peers.
- The ability to communicate with individuals utilizing telephones, computers or other electronic devices. Requires ability to hear and speak effectively on phone and to use a computer or other electronic device.
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively with others (internal & external clients, co-workers, etc…) in a clear, understandable, and professional manner (written & oral) at all times and comprehensive reading skills.
- The ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately, loudly and quickly.
- The ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations and services.
- Strong customer service skills and use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers (internal & external) and interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Donor Communications management team, the position will be responsible for contacting and recruiting donors for the donor centers and specific mobile blood drives. The position is to work at a high level of performance to attain predetermined performance indicators contributing to Carter BloodCare’s (CBC) crucial blood inventory needs. Schedule flexibility is required and will include evenings, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- One year of customer service experience
- One year of computer experience and working knowledge of computer applications
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills (listening and speaking)
- Detail oriented with ability to ensure accuracy of data
- Strong endurance toward performing repetitive tasks
- Excellent ability to keep focused and stay on task
- Good analytical ability to determine donor’s eligibility.
- Good comprehension of computers, computer applications and good typing skills
- Knowledge of HemaTerra programs related to scheduling donors (training provided)
- Knowledge of the blood donation process (training provided)
- Knowledge of CBC’s basic guidelines pre and post blood donation (training provided)
Marketing Project Specialist
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY The Marketing Project Specialist will be responsible for all stages of marketing projects, such as ownership of the kickoff meetings, collaborating with key personnel, allocating resources for creative copy, artwork, interactive, print, production, concepts, inventory management, and research. He/she will produce effective statements of work, timelines, gather estimates, and maintain quality customer service through final delivery. This position must be proactive in communications, detail gathering, creating and ensuring accurate workflow schedules. He/she is responsible for providing research and recommendations consistent with marketing communications strategy. He/she must manage resource allocations, both internal and external, to ensure accurate and on-time project delivery. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of marketing and/or agency experience
Skills And Knowledge
- Standard computer knowledge required including Microsoft Office, Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint.
- Various creative design programs such as Adobe Photoshop and PDF-Reader/Writer a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Analytical solution finding skills.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly to projects in progress.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead and manage internal and external resources.
Project Admin Support
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES Reporting to the Director of Facilities & Fleet, managing multiple concurrent construction, and or restoration projects. Develops, plans, and manages the project schedule, project procedures, staffing requirements, and equipment resources needed to accurately and timely complete projects. Assesses initial project contract and supporting documents for completeness. Works internally and with other department heads to resolve specification and scheduling issues. Oversees engineering and scheduling teams to identify and negotiate any proposed change orders, engaging Facility Manager for support as needed. Make decisions re-arranging project priorities and timelines based on business driven needs, essential resources, and financial constraints . Perform essential admin functions of the department supporting the management in a responsible and confidential manner executing with minimal direction. Regular full time attendance is required during regular business hours. Qualifications EDUCATION High School diploma or equivalency Associate Degree, preferred Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience working with vendors/contractors to manage and complete projects
- 2-3 three years’ experience in the areas of administrative functions supporting the department and management preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read construction or the design drawings and understand specifications, quality of finishes, technical detail, and compliance, preferred.
Skills And Knowledge
- Proven skills with project management software, word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Evaluates alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic approach, seeks guidance from other experienced project managers or subject matter experts to develop improvements and innovations to enhance project outcome.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, often with limited information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- • Able to discuss with experienced managers and subject matter experts and establish recommendations.
- Strong communication, negotiation, coupled with organizational skills, and the ability to manage concurrently running projects with multiple work streams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including advanced level of proofreading, editing and grammar skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, with frequent interruptions, without direction, and meet deadlines.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY This position is responsible for promoting the Carter BloodCare mission. Implementing effective strategies to recruit, manage, and maintain relationships with sponsor organizations. To achieve successful blood collection events while also achieving established blood collection goals. This position is responsible for retention of current accounts, developing new accounts, and building strong relationships with account blood drive coordinators. Responsibilities will include education, planning, and on-going support to account blood drive coordinators to ensure sponsors host a successful and productive blood drive. This individual is responsible for complete sponsor account information, accurate record keeping and on-going maintenance of ‘up to date’ account information. This critical information is maintained in an electronic Customer Relations management software system provided by Carter BloodCare. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours. Qualifications EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales or marketing preferred
Skills And Knowledge
- Customer Service • Excellent internal/ external customer service skills.
- Team Player
- Requires an ability to work closely and harmoniously with Carter Blood Care’s management team, departmental personnel, donor groups, individual donors, collection staff, and volunteers. Requires creativity, the ability to communicate effectively, participate and share ideas to help formulate new recruitment strategies and tactics to improve donor participation.
- Requires effective communication, both verbally and in writing. Communicating, educating, and promoting the Carter BloodCare mission, inspiring blood donors and blood drive coordinators. Requires an ability to persuade and convince potential donors and drive coordinators with effective presentation skills, maximizing Carter BloodCare’s ability to meet the mission.
- Ability to work varied hours, evenings, weekends and some holidays. Must be available during blood drive events or when schedule demands.
- Organizational Skills
- Manage multiple accounts and projects simultaneously while meeting aggressive timelines. Good time management and organizational skills are a must, accurate and ‘up to date’ record keeping are required to reflect the latest account information.
- Strong work ethic/accountability
- Must be comfortable working in a goal driven environment. Always maintaining donor confidentiality. Ability to work independently, demonstrating self-initiative, taking responsibility/ownership of decisions and actions.
- Analytical/problem solving
- Ability to use systematic approach to define and solve problems. Must be computer literate.