While remaining at home and social distancing is so important during this health crisis, for some families in our community, home may not be a safe place. Communities may see a rise in domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse when survivors are having to shelter in place with their abusers. If you know someone who may be in this position, please reach out to check on them, and call authorities if abuse is suspected. If you are in this position, remember that crisis hotlines remain open, as do shelters, and advocates are here to listen and provide resources to help you stay safe.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233, 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- SafeHaven: 1-877-701-7233
- One Safe Place: 1-817-916-4323
- The Women’s Center: 1-817-927-2737
- Child Abuse Hotline for Texas 1-800-252-5400