As the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) virus continues to unfold, we want to assure you that Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County is formulating a plan of action. The health and safety of our staff and the customers who use our workforce centers are of the utmost importance to us.
We’re following guidance from federal, state and local agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations. Currently Tarrant County has identified cases of COVID-19 and moments ago Governor Greg Abbott declared a State of Disaster over the coronavirus. We are actively working to limit the exposure in our area.
Here are the steps we’re taking to protect our customers and associates:
We take seriously our social responsibility to put the health and well-being of not only our customers, but also our entire community, first. Due to concerns around the coronavirus (COVID-19), at this time, we have decided to cancel all WSTC events through May 30th, which includes the following
- All Hiring Fair Days Events at each of our 6 workforce centers
- Our participation in the Tarrant County College, College-Wide Job Fair scheduled for April 1, 2020 at TCC Northwest Campus.
- Our participation in all Community Wide Job and Resource Fairs
- Inter-Agency Workforce Group (IAWG) Meeting Scheduled for April 16, 2020 and May 21, 2020
- Virtual Industry Chat Series Events on March 19, 2020, April 16, 2020 and May 21, 2020
- Arlington Area Job Fair (formerly known as Arlington Answers Job Fair) scheduled for May 6, 2020 at Rush Creek Church.
- All MAPS Workshops and the Career Connection Workshop have been cancelled for the general public.
- Other events, workshops and meetings are currently being evaluated at this time, please visit our website at workforcesolutions.net or call us at: 817.413.4000 for further guidance.
In Workforce Centers
- Staff will wipe down equipment to sanitize after each use in the resource room and offices;
- Customers and staff will be requested to use hand sanitizer before entering and exiting the resource room;
- All center areas will be sprayed with Lysol every hour – this will be announced in the resource room for customers to excuse themselves, if needed.
For Our Employees
- Encouraging our employees to closely monitor their health and well-being.
- Providing hand sanitizer and tissues in breakrooms and meeting rooms.
- Asking our staff to stay home if they, or someone in their household, are sick.
For Our Customers
- Encouraging our customers to follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus.
- In everything we do, we’re guided by our values and our Purpose: responding to the needs of Texas employers and workers through locally designed workforce development initiatives.
- We strive to make decisions that balance the safety of our employees with our commitments to our customers and communities.
Above all else, know that in this time we are still here to help. Please check our website (www.workforcesolutions.net) for further guidance or resources or call 817.413.4000 and one of our Call Center Staff will be there to help you.
We appreciate your understanding and value your continued partnership. We will continue to keep you updated as this situation continues to change and bring new challenges each day.