Opening in the Construction Industry in Fort Worth, Texas
- Under the direct supervision of the Production Supervisor, supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in fabricating roof trusses.
- Temp to hire after 540 hours.
Shift (Two shifts available):
- 1st shift hours: 4:00 am to 3:30 pm
- 2nd shift hours: 2:30 pm to 1:00 am
- Minimum $14/hr
- Reviews production schedules and cutting bills provided by the scheduling department for lumber and plate specifications. Estimates worker hour requirements for meeting the schedule and coordinates assembly based upon date of delivery.
- Adjusts production line set up and crewing to meet committed delivery dates.
- Is responsible for accurate review and approval of overtime on employee time cards and reports indirect labor hours.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments for staffing needs and job priorities.
- Sets up machines and equipment when required.
- Reports machinery and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel and the Production Supervisor.
- Inventories, orders and inspects materials and tools.
- Suggests changes in working conditions, production techniques, and use of equipment to control costs, and increase efficiency of plant, department, and/or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves production problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Ensures that employee conduct and safety guidelines are followed and applied in a consistent manner to all employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-starter with vision who sets realistic, yet challenging targets with a record of achieving goals.
- Effective team member who is able to partner with associates and accomplish initiatives.
- Proven Leadership ability to work with and develop teams.
- Discipline to enforce and comply with standards.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Associates and Managers.
- Ability to learn & grow – i.e. learn & apply TMS, learn kaizen, gain CPR certification as well as Forklift certification.
- Ability to lift &/or move up to 50 pounds
- Able to perform assembly tasks as required
- Basic Math skills needed
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
Search the following Job Posting Number: 14057094