Now Hiring 3 positions!
A leading manufacturer of flexible packaging products is hiring in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Printpack, a leading manufacturer of flexible packaging products, is seeking Blown and Cast Operator(s) for the Grand Prairie, Texas Films plant. Blown or Cast Film production experience is preferred but we will train you! This position is a 12 hour night shift on a 3/2 schedule.
Starting base salary: $20 – $25 (with relevant experience) plus shift differential
Key Responsibilities of the Blown or Cast Operator:
Responsible for accomplishing tasks in a safe and productive manner and for blown line operation per production schedule which includes:
- job set up/line start up
- reading meters, dials and calibrated scales
- entering data into a computer
- running quality product to specifications
- removing rolls from winders
- packing out product
- line clean up/shutdown
Additionally, the operator will:
- communicate orally and/or in writing, to other departments, resolution of mechanical problems, reporting defective material, coordination of job prep, changeovers, and daily shift information
- perform to quality, waste, and production standards and goals
- meet or exceed customer expectations
- meet the highest quality standards
- ensure the training of other operators on essential job functions
- He/she will perform housekeeping duties as needed to maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- be able to work on platforms up to 75 ft in height
- be able to lift, push/pull 50 lbs and stand for prolonged periods
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous extrusion experience preferred
- Able to work any shift
- Able to read a tape measure
- Possess basic computer skills
Printpack is seeking to fill a Utility position in our Grand Prairie Films location. Candidates will be mechanically inclined and able to multi-task. Candidates will have a basic knowledge of computers. The position will work with equipment/machinery, maintain housekeeping, and assist in meeting production needs. This position will work 12 hr shifts on a 3/2 schedule Shift start times are 7a or 7p.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some manufacturing experience preferred
- Troubleshoot equipment problems, make adjustments as needed.
- Maintain a clean/safe work environment and accomplish accurate computer entries.
- Keep up with all needed supplies for Robots.
- Must perform these tasks in a manner which is safe, productive and which contributes to the goals of the production department