Multiple Job Openings!
Public Heath Department
Multiple positions open in Tarrant County
LEAD CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST – ITD
Perform senior-level analysis, testing and problem solving for County end user computers and printers. Perform systems and designs, program designs, testing, and implementation of complex systems. Provide technical direction and support to Support Specialists. Automate County offices and maintain personal computers, programs, and support users.
Salary: $2,690.68 – $2,959.75 Biweekly
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs initial on-site problem determination and resolution for network cabling and equipment, coordinates wiring installation projects with both the Facilities department and outside wiring contractors.
- Accepts Help Desk calls from users and provides telephone and on-site technical support to troubleshoot and fix PC system and application problems or routes the user to the appropriate personnel for problem resolution.
- Analyzes and resolves PC user problems by telephone, remote connections, and on-site. Also installs, configures, and maintains software and hardware.
- Manages network accounts and securities for all county computer users and computers by assigning security profiles while following procedures established by Technical Services including establishing, maintaining, and monitoring all LOG-ON identifications and access rules, defining specific access to network files, database management systems, and monitoring environment for security violations.
- Uses system monitors to detect problems in the network or operating system that could affect system availability and advises appropriate Technical Services personnel.
Provides end users with technical training on the basic functionality of software, hardware and Internet use.
- Performs small scale wiring projects and schedules and performs equipment installations, relocations and removals.
- Provides second level support and technical direction to Support Specialists to resolve issues.
Maintains an overview of what incidents to which the County is susceptible and recommends fixes or alternative measures.
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware and related operating system software on both server and desktop systems.
- Assists with installs of new software releases, system upgrades and patches.
- Performs system design, program design, testing and implementation of complex systems.
Performs all other related duties involved in the operation of the IT Department as assigned or required.
NOTE: You must fill out the work history and education sections of application to show you have years of experience/education as required by hiring department or be disqualified.
- Bachelor’s degree + a minimum of Two (2) years of previous experience in information technology including experience or training in systems analysis and design.
~ OR ~
- Associate’s degree + a minimum of Four (4) years of previous experience in information technology including experience or training in systems analysis and design.
~ OR ~
- High School Diploma or GED + a minimum of Six (6) years of previous experience in information technology including experience or training in systems analysis and design
- General understanding of applications systems analysis and design and project control methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate user system requirements to both technical and non-technical County staff and vendors to ensure user requirements are met.
- Strong analytical and organization skills, ability to solve problems accurately, completely and quickly if necessary.
- Ability to participate in and/or manage multiple projects concurrently without loss of quality on any project.
- Driving may be required. Must have a valid and current driver’s license.
- If hired, must provide proof of educational attainment at new hire processing.
- Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications since the age of seventeen (17) and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records, and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually. Incumbent must hold a valid Driver’s License or State Issued ID card.
How to apply:
LVN I NURSE-Immunizations, Public Health
Perform technical nursing functions including immunizations, phlebotomy, and reporting.
Work Schedule: Tuesday- Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(Some weekend work required; overtime is available in August)
Salary: $18.03 – $21.64 Hourly
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects lab specimens
- Administers immunizations
- Gathers information and completes reports
- Stocks supplies and handles biological materials
- Provides information, education, and referrals to the general public
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
NOTE: ALL APPLICATION INFORMATION (INCLUDING LICENSURE, EDUCATION, WORK HISTORY, REFERENCES, AND RESPONSES TO EACH SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTION) MUST BE COMPLETED OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- TO APPLY, must have a High School diploma or GED or higher education.
- TO APPLY, must have completed an accredited LVN program resulting in licensure.
- TO APPLY, must have Two (2) full-time years of work experience in health care or a related field.
- TO APPLY, must possess a current LVN license. Note: A Texas license is required to hold the position.
- MUST PROVIDE LICENSING AGENCY AND LICENSE NUMBER IN “CERTIFICATES AND LICENSING” SECTION OF THE APPLICATION OR RISK DISQUALIFICATION.
- TO APPLY, must have a valid driver license and current automobile liability insurance. Note: A Texas license is required to hold the position.
- Strong customer service, organization, and keyboarding skills with basic computer knowledge are necessary.
- If hired, must provide proof of educational attainment at New Hire Processing or during the promotional process.
- Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications in the past seven years and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually.
How to Apply: