The Texas Workforce Commission who handles Unemployment Insurance has recently shared information with us that might help you navigate issues you might be experiencing with their site.
Need to reset your Unemployment Benefit Services PIN?
- If your account is from 2015 or earlier, they have removed your old PIN.
- Please try their online system again:
- If you are unable to reset via the portal, they can now update your PIN over the phone without requiring you to file your claim at the same time.
- Give them a call Mon-Fri: 8:00a.m.-6:00p.m., Sat: 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. at 800-558-8321.
- Can’t get them on the phone? You could try to email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unemployment Benefit Claim Self-Service
Apply for Benefits
- Online 24 hours a day, seven days a week using Unemployment Benefits Services (UBS) at ui.texasworkforce.org
- Call their Tele-Center at 800-939-6631 from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Central Time Monday through Friday.
When the Tele-Center phone lines are experiencing high call volumes and long wait times, handle your claim needs quickly using UBS. To get your TWC communications online, sign up for Electronic Correspondence on UBS.
Choose a Payment Method
- Choose either debit card or direct deposit.
- Debit Card: TWC’s default option is the ReliaCard© debit card, provided by U.S. Bank. For more information: https://twc.texas.gov/receiving-benefit-payments-debit-card.
- Direct Deposit: Have your benefit payments deposited directly into your personal checking or savings account at any United States bank or credit union. For more information: https://twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/receiving-benefit-payments-direct-deposit.
Change your payment option online or by phone:
- Log on to UBS at: ui.texasworkforce.org and select Change Payment Option from the Quick Links menu.
- Call their automated phone system, Tele-Serv, at 800-558-8321 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily and select option 5.
Request Benefit Payment
Request payment every two weeks online or by phone. Do not wait for TWC to determine your eligibility:
- Log on to UBS (ui.texasworkforce.org) and select Request a Payment.
- Call Tele-Serv at 800-558-8321 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily and select Option 1. For more information: https://twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/request-benefit-payments.
Please Be Patient
Although they process claims as quickly as possible, it can take at least four weeks for TWC to determine whether you are eligible for benefits. To find out your claim status:
- Log on to UBS (ui.texasworkforce.org) and select Claim and Payment Status.
- Call Tele-Serv at 800-558-8321 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily and select Option 2.
An appeal is your written notice that you disagree with a TWC decision and want your case decided through the appeal process. Their appeals hearings are proceeding as scheduled. Please follow the directions on the Hearing Notice.
- For more information: https://twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/introduction-unemployment-benefits-appeal-process.
Need More Unemployment Claims Information?
Visit their Unemployment Benefits webpage at: https://twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/unemployment-benefits.
Need Help? Call 2-1-1
If you are experiencing financial hardship or need health assistance because of COVID-19, call 2-1-1, the Texas Social Services Hotline, to get the help you need.