has an opening in Fort Worth, Texas
Duties: Assist customers in the seafood department by providing over-the-counter service and assisting customers with questions and orders. Operates and maintains the seafood area, prepares the area for seafood sales. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly courteous customer service by serving customers from all department service cases by taking orders, answering questions and suggestive selling.
- Inspects all seafood product for quality and freshness, rotates and transfers back stock to clean iced luggers. Follows all Food Safety Handling rules as applied to proper receiving and rotating of raw and cooked seafood.
- Handles frozen product, fresh seafood, cuts and prepares all seafood products required for total daily sales according to SOP (e.g., salmon, halibut, etc.) for purchase or selling.
- Prepares case by pulling product out of the case, re-icing the case, putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting product back, filling, etc.
- Displays frozen items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, repacking & over wrapping, weighing and pricing product out, and placing in the desired location. Ices fresh freight by putting it in luggers, unpacking, etc.
- Re-packs freight by bringing luggers out, draining water and putting in new ice.
- Merchandises the frozen seafood and refrigerated self-serve seafood areas while insuring proper rotation and code dates.
- Merchandises the fresh seafood display cases by following the SOP standard for fresh fish display.
- Places proper signage on all products which includes pricing, description, code dating, and COOL information on all required products.
- Assist in the Deli Department when required and after all primary duties have been completed, including covering breaks and lunches in the Deli Department when needed.
- Maintains a constant awareness of customer and employee safety. Ensures the department/area of responsibility is kept clear of excess carts, baskets, garbage, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and eye-appeal of the seafood sales and frozen and fresh seafood storage areas, equipment and displays according to company policy and legal regulations.
- Cleans and maintains department equipment by breaking down and reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and hand washing dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing solution.
- Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts, tables and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the appropriate balers; sweeping and mopping floors and coolers; cleaning and maintaining glass display counters on the inside and out; etc.
- Receives inventory, stocks, verifies receipt of ordered product and orders.
- Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated records.
- Fill department racks/shelves, displays, coolers, handle and use cleaning materials, department machines and equipment, perform other department duties as needed or directed.
- Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 6:00 am to 10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Perform all duties described in the deli clerk job description when necessary.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
- Handle refrigerated and frozen food products and enter frozen and cold storage areas.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and compute weights and measures.
- Properly handle food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Wear hat, hair net and other protective clothing.
- Effectively communicate with superiors concerning goals and methods.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 60 lbs. frequently.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, machines, equipment and work aides.
- Understand state & federal regulations if certification is needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)