We are STILL Conducting Business
We are taking action to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus while doing all we can to ensure our services remain accessible to all. To adhere to the Stay Home, Work Safe order issued by Tarrant County, although our physical locations are closed, our staff are available to assist you virtually by phone and email. You can reach us by phone at (817.413.4000) and email at (email@example.com).
Unemployment Insurance Questions/ Need Help
Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County does not handle Unemployment Insurance, that is the Texas Workforce Commission. However, we are committed to sharing the latest information about this subject straight from the agency that handles it. Here are some tips they have shared for some of the issues customers are experiencing.
- They are experiencing higher than normal call volume and online traffic – this is forcing many to not be able to get a live agent.
- They are currently working to add more call center agents and more servers to help with all the traffic. We know this is frustrating, TWC has asked for patience during this time.
- TWC has said that due to the difficulties with the systems and the inability to get through, they can backdate claims
- They have also said that if a deadline is missed because of system issues, UI will take this into consideration and the claimants (you) will not suffer a consequence
- COVID-19 Resources Job Seekers: https://www.twc.texas.gov/news/covid-19-resources-job-seekers
- Information for PIN and Password Set Up and Reset: https://www.twc.texas.gov/news/covid-19-resources-job-seekers#informationForPinAndPasswordSetUpAndReset
- Having trouble filing an unemployment claim online? The Unemployment Benefit System online portal is available 24 hours a day but is experiencing a high volume of visitors.
- Need to talk to someone: Call the Unemployment Insurance Call Center at 1.800.939.6631.
- Call Center Hours (starting Monday, April 13th) : Monday – Sunday: 7am to 7pm
- They have also announced new staggered call/online times based on your Texas Area Code. For Tarrant County we have two: 682 or 817, below is the information about when to contact them:
- Area Codes that start with a 6 (so the 682-area code): Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Area Codes that start with an 8 (so the 817 area codes): Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays between 8:00 a.m. – 12 noon.
- Here is the full press release they put out about this change: https://www.twc.texas.gov/twc-implement-staggered-access-unemployment-benefit-services-portal-ensure-more-texans-can-file-ui-claims
- You could try to email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) has launched a new automated virtual assistant to help Texans sign up for unemployment insurance (UI). The artificial intelligence-enabled chatbot can instantly answer many of the most common questions about the UI process. The program is expected to greatly relieve the pressure on the TWC UI website and call centers, which have seen activity spike to unprecedented levels in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. You can find it when you visit their home page: https://www.twc.texas.gov/