These classes range from basic literacy classes that teach adults how to read to pre high school level material to help adults toward earning a high school equivalency (GED).
Adult Education and Literacy
Adult Education and Literacy is important to us here in Tarrant County. We believe it’s never too late to get an education and it is our mission to help you succeed. Whether you need a refresher in math/reading/writing, need to get your High School Equivalency, or just need to improve your English skills, we can help. But we don’t stop there, AEL also offers career training courses that help our students get industry recognized certifications and credentials while working on their HSE or English skills. Currently, we are offering both in-person and virtual classes to best meet your needs. Our goal with all of our students is to meet them where they are at and help them gain employment in a career pathway as quickly as possible. Find out how to get started today by giving us a call at 817-402-7555.
Adult Education & Literacy Introduction Video
Curious what our Adult Education & Literacy Program can offer? Check out this quick video and learn more about our program, where our goal is to help you gain employment in a career pathway as quickly as possible. If you have questions, there are a few ways to connect with us: feel free to call us at 817-402-7555, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our web chat and a live representative will be happy to assist you!
We are so proud
Annual Tarrant County Consortium High School Equivalency Graduation
Hard work deserves recognition. That’s why we began the Annual Tarrant County Consortium High School Equivalency Graduation. This event is for all of our students who have obtained their HSE/GED. Every year this event inspires us and we love seeing how proud our students and their families are of this amazing accomplishment. Here are some photos from our last graduation, we hope they inspire you as much as they inspire us!
Transitions / Career Training
These classes are for high level students that may or may not have their high school diploma yet. Students will develop workplace and college readiness skills and receive hands on career training in their chosen field while earning an in-demand credential. Remote learning options are available!
Adult Education & Literacy offers career training services free of charge to students. We have several providers across Tarrant County that provide career training in high demand occupations such as Certified Nurse Aide, Phlebotomy, EKG, Accounting Tech., Commercial Drivers License (CDL), and more.
Our career training programs include three main components that students must participate in to qualify for free career training:
- Career Training – training that will lead to an industry recognized credential
- Workforce Preparation Activities – dedicated time to enhance your job skills (sometimes called soft skills)
- AEL Support Class – class to review the most challenging topics from your career training and to continue to improve your English skills or study for your HSE exam (GED or HiSET)
What makes our training unique is that you will work on these three components at the same time. You do not need to wait until you have mastered English or completed your HSE to start training for a job. You can earn your HSE at the same time as you complete your career training. You will be qualified for a job in a career path you love in a shorter amount of time. Remote learning options are available!
Call Now to find out how to get started!
Benefits AEL classes include:
- No High School diploma required
- Day or night classes
- Convenient locations on bus lines
- Access to real world Industry Experts
- Opportunities to connect with employers
- Additional training opportunities
- Connection to other supportive services as needed
- All at no cost to you!
Adult Vocational Academy
The Adult Vocational Academy is a combination of literacy training, vocational training and connection to local employers that allows you to achieve an industry valued credential and introduces you to employers hiring for that credential. Through a partnership with Tarrant County College, this is offered at no cost to you, if eligible. For more information, head over to our Career Training page. Remote learning options are available!
- Arlington ISD, Birdville ISD, Fort Worth ISD
- Arlington Public Library
- Goodwill Industries
- Tarrant County College District
- Tarrant Literacy Coalition
- Texas Workforce Commission
- Texas Workforce Solutions – Vocational Rehabilitative Services (formerly DARS)
- The Learning Center of North Texas – LinkEd
- Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County
- and various Tarrant County Civic, Religious, and Community partners